Individual Homepage address
Professor: Masamichi Kurosaki
Associate professor: Makoto Sakamoto
Junior Associate Professor: Atsushi Kambe
Assistant professor: Tetsuji Uno
Assistant professor: Sadao Nakajima
Assistant professor: Tomohiro Hosoya
Assistant professor: Takafumi Ogura
Assistant professor: Yuichiro Nagao
Features of the Department
The Division of Neurosurgery at Tottori University uses advanced technology to investigate and treat complex conditions in adults and pediatric patients in the following areas: stroke, brain tumors, pituitary disorders, spinal disorders, neurological disorders, cranial nerve dysfunction syndromes, endovascular surgery, and skull base surgery.
Our faculty includes highly skilled surgeons at the forefront of cutting-edge techniques in skull base surgery, transsphenoidal surgery, endovascular surgery, spinal surgery, advanced stroke care, epilepsy surgery, neuro-oncology and pain and functional disorders.
• Epidemiological analysis for subarachnoid hemorrhage patients.
• Diagnosis and treatment of higher brain dysfunction
• Lipid peroxides in the pathogenesis of cerebral vasospasm
• Molecular pathological analysis of malignant brain tumors
• Evaluation of eicosanoids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in glioma cells
• Experiments using mesenchymal stem cells to elucidate the pathogenesis of malignant brain tumors
• Establishment of experimental brain tumor models
• Angiogenesis and invasion potential of leptomeningeal gliomatosis
• Immunohistochemical study of pituitary tumors
• Pathophysiological analysis of experimental status epilepticus